My Summer Journey is a summer program for teens on the autism spectrum, ages 13-19. Our fun-filled days help keep kids in a routine that can make the transition back to school much easier. The focus of the program is to make new friends along with working on life and social skills.
My Summer Journey 2024
- June 10th to 14th session – Theme: Community Workers (Fire & Police Department, Chef, Banker, Mechanic, Forest Ranger)
- June 17th to 21st session – Theme: Entertainment (Go to movie, Music Therapy, Yoga, Dance Studio, Talent Show)
- June 24th to 28th session – Theme: Sports (Putt Putt, Pickle Ball, Bowling, Outdoor Games)
My Summer Journey participants will meet and be picked up at Earlywood Education Center in Franklin, Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm during June 2024. My Summer Journey will have a themed curriculum along with several community outings throughout the session. During each day participants will enjoy group activities, cooking, science experiments, and more. Each session cost $150 per week (private pay.) Participants must be able to attend the full week and can register for multiple sessions as long as the session has not reached the limit of participants.
ACC can provide financial assistance to a limited number of families who cannot afford to pay the fees who want to participate with My Summer Journey. To request a financial assistance application, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals who will benefit from My Summer Journey:
- Enjoy and are successful in small group settings. The participant to counselor ratio is 4:1.
- Can participate in group activities for 10-15 minutes.
- Possess communication skills to express wants and needs.
- Are independent with personal hygiene.
- Do not require 1:1 behavioral support.
- Are not a flight risk.
Become a My Summer Journey Sponsor! Being a sponsor of our My Summer Journey program provides direct support for teens with autism to work on social and life skills while making new friendships. Follow this link to learn more how to become a sponsor.
Download My Summer Journey Flier to share with all your contacts.
If you have any questions contact Kelli Higgins, Executive Director at email@example.com.